english/bilingual riders login

Main forum for discussions about ATVs. (Member Only)
Répondre
grizzQC

english/bilingual riders login

Message par grizzQC »

Hey guys/gals how many of us out there ?
Where ya from?
What do ya ride?
Lets get some posts going here and take the time to answer others
at least sign in and say hi!!
french english trilingual does not matter we all ride because its a great sport.
RIDE SAFE AND RIDE LONG
PS:I am from Pierrefonds Montreal
I ride a blue 02 Grizzly

english/anglais
krabidKVF650

Message par krabidKVF650 »

:D Hi, I'm from Mooers Forks New York and I ride a 2002 Green KVF650 Kawasaki:D

:cry: Sorry, English only :cry:

:?: Any rides this weekend :?:
2005 Kawie BF 750 :-)

2004 Honda Rancher 400AT (wifes)

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

We could have a good site here folks but no one uses it.It's only as interesting as we make I cannot believe that there is only two people that use this forum.Is there no one else out there??
english/anglais
Green Machine

Message par Green Machine »

Hey Bud,

I'm here....looks like I'll be riding a keyboard instead of my bike for the next few weeks...I had a little fender bender on the trail. A patroller and I hit head-on and a I did some major damage to my bike.

Bumper, left wheel, upper and lower streering tables, ties rods, steering column.. all screwed-up.

Time to call the insurance to make a claim.

I'm fine...just my pride is hurt.

The other guy had a lot of plastic damage, but I got the worst of it.

What a pain in the A?? is was pulling the bike out of the bush with the steering broken both front wheels flopping around.
Dernière modification par Green Machine le mars 23, 2003, 11:20 am, modifié 1 fois.
Ford Windstar 2002 (Green)
Yamaha Kodiak 450 2003 (Green)
Garmin ETrex GPS
Private Pilot PA901859
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

WOW dude what are you doing!!!You are not allowed to do that stuff with out me.After all you witnessed my crash you are not allowed to do that with out me.Glad to hear that you were not hurt.Looks like your bike will be fresh for the spring season then.What shape were the trails in ?Where did this misfourtune happen? Give me a shout
english/anglais
CanadianHummer

Bang, Crash, Crunch

Message par CanadianHummer »

Heya Green Machine~ To have damage like that, you must have had a collision with a TraxterXT or a tank lol,(Just kidding) Truly sorry to hear about your mishap. I know the feeling of seeing your bike in rough shape freshly after an accident. When my trailer detached from my car a few months ago with my quad in it, and I saw them both flip 4 times, I thought it was it for atv'ing this year (if not forever) but as time when by, things weren't as bad as they first seemed. Really hope things work out for you in the long run. Most important is that nobody was hurt other than some pride and ego's. Give me a call if there is anything I can do (No I'm not buying you a new quad, now go to bed). Keep in touch.

Ray
Dernière modification par CanadianHummer le novembre 18, 2004, 7:45 am, modifié 1 fois.
Né pour rouler......forcé a travailler. Kit de suspension PERFEX et c'est une merveille TraxterXT 02~GPS Etrex. Micro de gorge FireFox
Green Machine

Hey Ray,

The other bike was a big Polaris Sportsman.

Did you make an insurance claim when your bike flipped with the trailer ?

Any experience dealing with insurance for bikes ?
Garmin ETrex GPS
Private Pilot PA901859
CanadianHummer

Message par CanadianHummer »

Hi Bob~ To answer your question if my insurance kicked in for the repairs on my quad, the answer is NO. Reason being, I didn't have collision coverage at the time. I just "assumed" my car insurance would cover such an accident, but it didn't. If you are trailering a "plated" vehicule, unless you have collision coverage on it, it won't be covered in case of an accident. If you are trailering your lawn tractor, it will be covered cause there's no "plates" on it.
Living in Ontario, the laws may be different for you in Quebec, but it seems to me, in your case, it all depends on who hit who. You might say you both hit each other, but if you feel you were a sitting duck, and the patroler crashed into you, then as long as you have witness's HIS insurance should cover your damages and the other way around. Were you or he on the wrong side of the trail ? Were any of you speeding ? Look into you club membership as well, it seems to be, they have insurance coverage as well in certain cases where two bikes collide like that. Write or call me sometime, I'll look into it from over here. By the way, I have collision insurance now.
Good luck and keep me posted on what's happening.
Later
Ray
Né pour rouler......forcé a travailler. Kit de suspension PERFEX et c'est une merveille TraxterXT 02~GPS Etrex. Micro de gorge FireFox
Green Machine

Thanks Ray,

Neither of us were going fast. The area of the trail had many turns and deep grooves... three in this case... with the middle one common. There was ice in the bottom of the grooves so we both slid when we tried to stop.

We were both moving when we hit my left front and his. With a deep middle grove there was no way to avoid it. I expect our combined collision speed was about 40KM/hour...20KM/hour each.

My front wheel hooked his and that's what broke the steering assembly and wheel. Quite a bit of damage when you consider we we'rent moving fast.

Is ATV insurance "no Fault" like car insurance ? In Ontario, the systems is differnt for cars, but in Quebec the insurer of the vehicle pays for that vehiles repairs regardless of who's at fault. I just wonered if it's the same in Quebec for Bikes.

I guess I'll find out Monday when I call the insurance, but if you know how it works please advise. I have "all perils" coverage.
Garmin ETrex GPS
Private Pilot PA901859
new8812
VTT : Rzr

Message par new8812 »

Hi, it's the same as cars, the only question is Who will pay his déductible :wink:
RZR
Green Machine

Thanks for the info New8812,

I'd say we were both technically at fault...so I guess we'll each both pay our own deductables.
Garmin ETrex GPS
Private Pilot PA901859
Green Machine

Does anyone know of a place on the NET where you can get a "bluebook" value of a used bikes similar to what is used to check the value of used cars ?

I estimate my repairs will be in the order of $2200 CDN parts and labour. I don't expect it's a write-off as I think my bikes still worth about $6000 - $6500 CDN, but wanted to check .
Garmin ETrex GPS
Private Pilot PA901859
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

Ok come on guys/gals I see 77 people have looked in on this topic but only 1-2 has bothered to stop and say hi and let us know where they are from are you people scared this is a fun family sport come and introduce yourselves.So when we go out on the trails when we signal hi or there is 4-5 more bikes coming we might actually no the other person we are signalling to.Or when we stop to help someone out of a ditch,snowbank,or just mud we can come back to our forum and let people know about our rides(adventures).COME ON FOLKS DO NOT BE SHY 8) 8) 8) 8)
english/anglais
SuzyQ

Message par SuzyQ »

Hello you all,
I'm from St-Hubert and soon I'll have my own VTT (I'm shoping around right now) cause I have enough of all that bumping in the "back seat"...
I'll let U know when the deal is done

Have a
:lol: day!!
"Ca passe ou ça casse"

Sportsman 500, 1997- "vendu"
Hé que j'ai eu du bon temps avec Quadnet

je suis rendue une "moutarde" comme dit
mon brigadier :)
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

Glad to hear from you hope you get off the back seat soon my wife is on the back often but I just take it easy its cheaper than a new machine :D but I know soon enough she will want her own.Let us know when and what you bought happy shopping.. 8)
PS:lots of specials out there
english/anglais
Répondre

Revenir à « Main forum (english only) »