Avid rider, new to Quebec.

Main forum for discussions about ATVs. (Member Only)
Répondre
Arron

Avid rider, new to Quebec.

Message par Arron »

Hello everyone!

The wife and I are the military and are moving to St Jean Sur Richelieu Qc from North Bay Ontario. We love to ride the trails up here in northern Ontario, and looking to get some information before we move so we can hit the trails as soon as we can. We are both very active in the atv scene, been involved in starting up a website, and setting up several rides.

I have found a site for a club in Mercier, and the map I have found looks very promising for trails in the area. My French is not so good right now, so I’m having a hard time getting around some sites, but that will change with time.

Can someone point me to a link of some trail maps in the area? We are willing to trailer to a trail head, but it would be great if there was one close by. It could even sway where we buy a house if we could ride from our house. We will be down on Easter weekend to look at the area if there is anyone in the general area that could give us some ideas for places to live.

Is there any other items that would be a good heads up coming to QC, aside form the @#$%^ taxes? Can you ride atv's on the side of the roads to get to a trail head? I was pleased to see that you can ride 2up, that is sill a big problem here in Ontario. The wife got around that by getting herself her own bike :-)

Although the job I’m not to happy about, the tax man is going to RAPE me, I am looking forward to seeing more of Quebec, riding trails, and get to all of the festivities I hear about in Montreal.

Aron
Click for my site

Arron
HIS 2005 Suzuki King Quad 700, 27" ITP 589's, ITP C5 Rims, Storage Box, hand&feet warmers, 2500lb winch
HERS 2005 Yamaha 450 Kodiak, hand&feet Warmers, 2500lb Winch
Scrappy_doo
VTT : N\A

Message par Scrappy_doo »

Hey there,
Here is the link to the federation website http://www.fqcq.qc.ca/?lang_id=E you will find links to all the clubs here in Quebec as well as links to the maps for the trails in that clubs area there is no road riding that I have seen except when linking up from one trail to another.

From the first week in March till around the third week in May all the trails are closed for the thaw the length of this period all depends on the weather conditions/temperature and amount of rain we get. We have a lot of different clubs here all are responsible for there own trail system so membership is very important to each club.

In most cases when looking at the map of a clubs trail system the blue lines indicate winter trail and red are summer trails. I hope I was able to answer some of your questions, at the very least maybe this will encourage some others help out with the questions I haven’t answered. I am sure you will find trails close to the base in the St.Jean area

Good luck with the house hunting and WELCOME TO QUEBEC!

Dean.
Montagnard

Welcome

Message par Montagnard »

Hi Arron,

And welcome in advance at the Taxman's paradise, where all the poors taxpayers are dammed for good !

For ATV riding, things are a little better and you just came at the right place. Here, you will always find someone that will be please to help you if you have any questions or problems with ATV riding, ATV maintenance or ATV related subjects like GPS and the like. Also you will find peoples available to ride with you or you can also become a member and participate to many well organized rides.

Have a good time and I'm convinced that you will survive the treacherous strike of the Taxman's slingblade with only minors injuries.
Dernière modification par Montagnard le avril 16, 2006, 4:53 am, modifié 1 fois.
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

Welcome 8) here is the link to the page for the clubs in your area
http://www.fqcq.qc.ca/clubs.asp?Lang_id=E&nav_id=1103.
Check out the activitie ride forum do not be shy to post there in english and you are very welcome to join any of the rides being organized by others.And we have lots of mud :twisted: Any thing you do not understand just ask here on the english forum and I will try to translate for you
english/anglais
flipper
VTT : Outlander 850XT

Message par flipper »

Hello Arron, and welcome to Quebec. I have family in the military (frequently moving) so I understand the joys of setting up in a new location. Lucky for you and your wife, you have settled into the ATVer's paradise :-)

I also live on the south shore. I ride in Lachute, mostly, since it is near my cottage. Trails there are 4-season, people are nice and all services are available year-round.

My wife accompnaies me sometimes. I know she would be more willing if she knew there were more women participating (and it was not -20 ) .

The Quadnet folks are a good bunch. Since my riding buddy disappears to Florida in the winter, they have provided me an alternative to watching my bike sit alone in the snow.

Best of luck settling in.

Flipper
Can-Am Outlander 2017 850XT Max
Dodge Ram 1500 (2015)
VP, Directeur Agent de surveillance de sentiers - Club Quad Matawinie
:(drive)
jackrabbit
Modérateur
VTT : Wildcat Trail

Message par jackrabbit »

Welcome Arron,

You can also look at Quadnet's ATV map by clicking on the "Sentiers, Cartes, GPS" logo on top of the forum page. They are not 100% complete but it is a good start. They also include all the major logging roads up north (green for summer / purple for winter / red for all seasons). If you own a GPS (good idea when going up north), you can also download any section of trails in your GPS.
ArcticCat Wildcat Trail

Générateur de tracés GPS: http://www.quadgen.ca
Page Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/quadgen

Arron

Message par Arron »

Thanks for the info!!

Sorry I havent been back on in a while, ben busy seling my house, getting married in Mexico and now in st jean looking fo a house. Been very busy, but looks like my dates are now august ish.

I will look into those links and stuff and look forward to playing in the area! I do have one question, is all the trails in the St Jean area trail only? Or is there more advanced/rocky or mudy trails than what i see? Has anyone rode in this area, and can maybe point me to some trail heads as well?

Thanks, and im sure this will be a lot beter to figure out when my french gets better...... hell i havent perfected english yet :-P
Aron
Click for my site

Arron
HIS 2005 Suzuki King Quad 700, 27" ITP 589's, ITP C5 Rims, Storage Box, hand&feet warmers, 2500lb winch
HERS 2005 Yamaha 450 Kodiak, hand&feet Warmers, 2500lb Winch
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

Basciclly the more technical trails are usually like a special fishing hole and not talked about :wink: you have to pay attention to the activity/rides forum and see when some guys are doing mud rides and other rides.There are basic club trails and then the ones the locals use thats about the best I could tell you. 8)
english/anglais
bayou 700

Message par bayou 700 »

welcome to Quadnet :wink:
Répondre

Revenir à « Main forum (english only) »