Grizzly 660 Batterie and Speedometer

Main forum for discussions about ATVs. (Member Only)
Répondre
YOUNGUNZ

Grizzly 660 Batterie and Speedometer

Message par YOUNGUNZ »

I need help with the following...

1)... I've recharged my batterie but when I tested the batterie it still registers roughly 6volts... is that normal?? I thought vtt batts are 12volts. I'm guessing the battery needs to be replaced so that leads to the next question...

2) does anyone know of any stores that sell vtt batteries and does not cost an arm and a leg??

3) I had to manually start my grizzly 660, when I finally got it start and my arm stretched an extra 3 inches, I noticed that the speedometer was registering 15-17km/h while standing still... is this due to my batterie being dead and causing havoc to my electronics??

Youngunz....been a while....huh Grizz...

03 Grizzly Special Edition
Play hard, Die with a Smile
Scrappy_doo
VTT : N\A

Re: Grizzly 660 Batterie and Speedometer

Message par Scrappy_doo »

YOUNGUNZ a écrit :I need help with the following...

1)... I've recharged my batterie but when I tested the batterie it still registers roughly 6volts... is that normal?? I thought vtt batts are 12volts. I'm guessing the battery needs to be replaced so that leads to the next question...

2) does anyone know of any stores that sell vtt batteries and does not cost an arm and a leg??

3) I had to manually start my grizzly 660, when I finally got it start and my arm stretched an extra 3 inches, I noticed that the speedometer was registering 15-17km/h while standing still... is this due to my batterie being dead and causing havoc to my electronics??

Youngunz....been a while....huh Grizz...

Hey,
It is very possible that your batterie is the cause of your speedometer problem. But i guess we wont know for sure till you change it. Sounds like you will be doing just that in the near future your bike is 12 volts and you can cause some damage to your charging system by running on a dead batterie. About the cheapest you can get is around $60.00 +tax at Canadian Tire. I recently Replaced the batterie on my bike i picked up an Interstate batterie for $65.00 tax included at a bike shop in Kahnawake. hope this helped

Scrappy_Doo
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

Good to see you are still alive gord 8) I agrre with scrappy the batterie is propbably the cause for the speedo error.Or your grizz is dreaming about roaming the trails as I am sure it has been a while since you excersised the beast :twisted: :twisted: .Scrappy-Doo do you have the interstate # for the battery I could be able to help out young gunz if I new the number of the battery 8)
english/anglais
Scrappy_doo

grizzQC a écrit :Good to see you are still alive gord 8) I agrre with scrappy the batterie is propbably the cause for the speedo error.Or your grizz is dreaming about roaming the trails as I am sure it has been a while since you excersised the beast :twisted: :twisted: .Scrappy-Doo do you have the interstate # for the battery I could be able to help out young gunz if I new the number of the battery 8)

here is the Yamaha part number 4SH-82100-22-00 i think the number for the battery is YUASA YTX20L-BS but i would double check it to be sure hope this helps

Scrappy_Doo
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

Thanks Scrappy I am on that now 8) 8)
english/anglais
Steph
Modérateur
VTT : svtt

Message par Steph »

I had a problem last year with a wire somewhere in the front and the speedometer was flashing. Like working for a few km and not for some other. I had a mecanic find and repair the wire and the speedo worked fine. So it's probably the battery that is affecting your speedometer. Take the battery of a friend's atv and try it.
Stéphane

Membre de la secte du Kan Gourou

Passez voir mon bateau:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/alb ... 0918VOqxsy
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

Hey scrappy you think you could get another one at that price best I got was $119 plus tax like $132 you said you paid $65 for an interstate excellant price its only a 20minute drive to chateauguy from pierrefonds
english/anglais
Scrappy_doo

grizzQC a écrit :Hey scrappy you think you could get another one at that price best I got was $119 plus tax like $132 you said you paid $65 for an interstate excellant price its only a 20minute drive to chateauguy from pierrefonds
Here is the guys phone number (450)635-4222 there was 2 owners before,now there is only 1 the guy i delt with was Mike he sold his half to Yan so you can call and speak with Yan i dont speak french to good and Yan doesnt speak english to good so we have a very hard time talking maybe you will do better than I. You will save 15% right off the bat. well worth the 20 minutes drive

Please let me know how you do!

Scrappy_Doo
YOUNGUNZ

Message par YOUNGUNZ »

Thanks a bunch People... I've been doing some calling around and I've found that everyone seems to be out of stock on the generic yusa brand that costs about 70$... the cheapest I've found is 105 for a no maintenace battery over at chicoine.... I found someone else that is the same price but is on back order till end of feb... I'll keep waiting till this weekend....

tanks a bunch ppl

grizz gimme a buzz... catch on the old days...
03 Grizzly Special Edition
Play hard, Die with a Smile
bnq1

Message par bnq1 »

Did you think of batterie Expert :?:
kodiak ultramatic 2001 (Vendu)
Grizzly 660 (Bleu) 2002
Répondre

Revenir à « Main forum (english only) »