Honda dealer

Main forum for discussions about ATVs. (Member Only)
morse

Honda dealer

Message par morse »

Hi all i am a new member here . I wonder if anyone could recomend

a honda dealer in the Montreal area as i am looking to by a honda atv .

Larry in pierrefonds qc . thanks

grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

hey larry welcome why honda?
is it for work or trail riding?
Andy in pierrefonds 8)
english/anglais
morse

Message par morse »

Hi Andy just to mess around in the woods i dont think that i would

need a 4x4 kinda like honda "s drive a civic plus a small buget
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

hondas you need a big budget expensive 8) 2 wheel drive? new or used?so not for the trail systemes we have?
english/anglais
morse

Message par morse »

Ok very good so you recomend a 4x4 over 2 wheel drive used if i could find one in shape . Have been around the dealers all makes and they want a fortune for machines that have been used . Yes honda is pricey but they all seem to be .
Le Kan Gourou
VTT : AC Cruiser 2011

Message par Le Kan Gourou »

It is a bad time of year to buy a machine... at a good price.

According to ATVMagazine, Polaris and Kawasaki keeps the best values over time.

The latest Polaris bikes have improved dramaticaly in quality in the last few years and are still the most comfy rides in our trails. Dealers have so many of them now, they are willing to let them go at a good price.

Honda IS they most popular unit, followed very close by Yamaha, but I would buy a Honda over a Yam any time, from what I've heard from owners in the trails that had troubles. But, they also say Yam is more fun to ride than Honda... so go figure !

These days, the best bang for the money you can buy, is the forgotten Kawa KVF700, they let them go for a bargain, I found them at $7900 or less. Torquey, easy to handle for a big bore, good suspension, great ride position, unbelievable sound, what else can you ask for...

Good buying !
2011 TRV Cruiser 1000 2000km

2008 Grizzy700 22000km
2007 Grizzly700 15000km
2004 TwinPeaks700 14000km
2001 QuadMaster500 3000km
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

do not buy used from dealers you might as well nuy new.
Did you look in the A VENDRE SECTION there are some good deals there I will send you my # by private message if you would like to talk . 8)
english/anglais
Le Kan Gourou
VTT : AC Cruiser 2011

Message par Le Kan Gourou »

Yes, listen to grizzQC, it is better not to buy used from a dealer.

If one beats his machine, where do you think it will end up ?

There is no way to check if a used machine has been beaten up. If you expect to keep your machine for a while, better buy new.

Also, stay away from extended warranties, get those from the manufacturer. The difference ? If you need to repair under an extended warranty sold by the dealer from a private Company, you have to pay the repair and send the bill to the Company and hope to get reimbursed. If you have a manufacturer warranty, the dealer does the repairs and you pay nothing other than your deductible, if any. Big difference.

:wink:
2011 TRV Cruiser 1000 2000km

2008 Grizzy700 22000km
2007 Grizzly700 15000km
2004 TwinPeaks700 14000km
2001 QuadMaster500 3000km
Sasquatch

Re: Honda dealer

Message par Sasquatch »

how much are you willing to spend? i am not going to give the bike away but may sell it. i have a 2002 honda rubicon with 3400 miles on it. it is four wheel drive, green with a 2000 pound winch,hand warmers, windshield w/mirrors,titan 589 m/t tires. everything else is stock on the bike this bike has miles on it but the quebec trail system is to blame for that. you have great riding here in canada. i was not going to sell my bike till fall but if someone is interested in it i would let it go. i purchased the bike in april 2002. i am from the us but now live in hemmingford, quebec. if you are interested let me know. you can e-mail me and i will give you my phone number. later sasquatch
morse a écrit :Hi all i am a new member here . I wonder if anyone could recomend

a honda dealer in the Montreal area as i am looking to by a honda atv .

Larry in pierrefonds qc . thanks
2005 rincon 650
60" moose plow
vip-air fairing
moose bumpers
motovan seat w/heat
am/fm jensen stereo w/mp3 player
Rodmax

Message par Rodmax »

A friend of mine gets his Honda's at Pinard Motosports or Motopinard. Something like that...Montreal north I think- The prices on his new units are real good compared to our local dealer here in Les Iles de la Madeleine..And that is even with having it shipped here...
Merci.Rodney.
2004 Sp 500 HO.
flipper
VTT : Outlander 850XT

Message par flipper »

Hi Morse,

Welcome aboard :!: If you have cash on hand then the dealer may not be the best place. I picked up a used demo for a reasonable price from a dealer but had to go to Victoriaville to find it. That was in the spring too....and I did not want to wait. That took some explaining to Mrs. Flipper :oops:

Honda dealers on the south shore can be found in St-Hubert "Claude Ste-Marie" or Varennes "Riendeau Sports". I have used both.

As for 2x4 vs 4x4.......one dealer saw I was balking at the price and tried to "encourage" me by saying that it was not necessary to go for 4x4. Wrong :x

Originally I wanted the quad for the cottage...odd jobs, to/from the lake etc. Within a couple of weeks I found Quadnet and bought my trail pass :D

So....I suggest you consider 4x4 and joining the trail system. There is nothing like it.

Have fun!
Can-Am Outlander 2017 850XT Max
Dodge Ram 1500 (2015)
VP, Directeur Agent de surveillance de sentiers - Club Quad Matawinie
:(drive)
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

Very well said flipper 8)
english/anglais
GI*JOE

Message par GI*JOE »

Rodmax a écrit :A friend of mine gets his Honda's at Pinard Motosports or Motopinard. Something like that...Montreal north I think- The prices on his new units are real good compared to our local dealer here in Les Iles de la Madeleine..And that is even with having it shipped here...
i bought 3 bikes at pinnard and its the best there is in Montreal surounding area but that is not verry good :lol: :oops: i did not bought a honda not for the costumer services but for the rep. of honda
flipper a écrit :. I picked up a used demo for a reasonable price from a dealer !
i used to work for a dealer do u know what they do with demos bike :roll: :wink: :wink: lucky for you got a honda :wink: i rater pay more for a new bike and do the break in my self :wink:
johnzx7

Message par johnzx7 »

Back to the real question:
Ami sport in laval-aut440 and cure-labelle i got my rincon there and believe me i shopped around. It`s a small place and you will deal with the owner himself. best deal around without hidden costs.
flipper
VTT : Outlander 850XT

Message par flipper »

GI*JOE][quote="flipper a écrit :. I picked up a used demo for a reasonable price from a dealer !
i used to work for a dealer do u know what they do with demos bike :roll: :wink: :wink: lucky for you got a honda :wink: i rater pay more for a new bike and do the break in my self :wink:[/quote]

Understood :!: I was careful as I could be.... got a full warrantee and had some fixes done in preparation for delivery.

Morse, I often consider the fact that when shopping you need to "feel" right at the dealer. Talk to a few recommended dealers, ask the right questions and evaluate the responses (like the dealer who suggested 2x4 went down in my opinion). I have good and bad experiences with service at a dealers...again, I needed to evaluate the experience (was I unhappy because it cost so much to fix, or was the service bad?).

So..looks like you have a fun time coming, during this rainy spring, to visit some dealers, check out bikes and get on the trail! Lucky you :D
Can-Am Outlander 2017 850XT Max
Dodge Ram 1500 (2015)
VP, Directeur Agent de surveillance de sentiers - Club Quad Matawinie
:(drive)
Répondre

Revenir à « Main forum (english only) »