Welcome message / riding in the province of Quebec

Main forum for discussions about ATVs. (Member Only)
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

Around montreal the trails start in les cedres/stlazar four season trails.The southshore I am not to familiar with but they have more in the winter than summer

english/anglais
x2468

Message par x2468 »

i dont understand why we cant have performance pipes? wats the difference (beside the performance of ur quad)?

also i'm 14, where can i get one of those liscence things??
Dernière modification par x2468 le octobre 13, 2003, 5:35 pm, modifié 1 fois.
x2468

Message par x2468 »

cool no dirt bikes allowed! i hat those guys they're always such jerks (maybe u disagree but all the guys i've met where jerks). finally a place where they're not allowed.
dsowders

Insurance

Message par dsowders »

Thanks for the information about riding in Quebec! I live in Kentucky, love Quebec, and just bought a four wheeler for the first time--Honda Foreman. I have been researching the trails in Quebec,and it sounds like it would be a great place to ride. (I mean, I can ride and practice my French all at the same time!) Here in Kentucky, insurance for a 4 wheeler is not required, so I don't have any. Can I get some kind of insurance there just to meet the requirements, like for a tourist?

Thank you very much,

David Sowders
Kerosen
VTT : A voir

Message par Kerosen »

x2468 a écrit :i dont understand why we cant have performance pipes? wats the difference (beside the performance of ur quad)?
Because of the noise that it's make can disturb the population :idea: :idea:
Kerosen
Kerosen

Re: Insurance

Message par Kerosen »

dsowders a écrit :Thanks for the information about riding in Quebec! I live in Kentucky, love Quebec, and just bought a four wheeler for the first time--Honda Foreman. I have been researching the trails in Quebec,and it sounds like it would be a great place to ride. (I mean, I can ride and practice my French all at the same time!) Here in Kentucky, insurance for a 4 wheeler is not required, so I don't have any. Can I get some kind of insurance there just to meet the requirements, like for a tourist?

Thank you very much,

David Sowders
Yes u need insurance for a minimum of 500,000$/canadian funds
U need a trail pass for the cost of 140$ but you will credit of 40$ because your a Non-canadian resident

on your bike you need a left mirror
a speedometer
a brake light
a working front seal beam
no passanger :!: (but its tolered by police and local service)
you need to wear a helmeat
no performance pipe
Max 50 KM/H OR 35 MPH

Get a map of where your going because somme club are winter club ,some are summer club ans somme are 4 season club

You can gets info at this link http://www.quadnet2.com/quad/clubq.html
and choose a region and than a club

And if you need more info just make a sign :wink: :wink:
Dernière modification par Kerosen le mai 12, 2004, 7:25 pm, modifié 1 fois.
Kerosen
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

Do not be shy we can help.and welcome aboard 8)
english/anglais
krabidKVF650

Message par krabidKVF650 »

Did I read this right :?: If you are a non resident you only pay $60C for the year pass :?: I've been paying $200 per year for the last 3 years for 2 quads. Where do I get the non resident passes :?:
2005 Kawie BF 750 :-)

2004 Honda Rancher 400AT (wifes)

2008 Polaris RZR (Ours)
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

Ok kerosen explain this one now :!: :!: :!: 8)
english/anglais
Kerosen

Message par Kerosen »

It's 60$ for the summer pass

and 100$ forthe winter pass :roll: :roll:
Kerosen
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

What is this kerosene Quote

U need a trail pass for the cost of 100$ but you will credit of 40$ because your a Non-canadian resident
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
english/anglais
CanadianHummer

Message par CanadianHummer »

Kerosene~ The way I understand it is, effective October 2004, it'll now cost $140.00 membership fee to belong to a club, which "will include" liability insurance. If "non" resident members (like myself) can prove they have liability insurance coverage on their quad(s) from their own out of province or country insurance broker, they "will" be reimbursed $40.00 per quad by the Quebec ATV Federation. So, it'll end up costing the non resident the same $100.00 as it did before, although they'll have to cough up the $140.00 first and then get reimbursed the $40.00 via mail. Quebec residents will pay the $140.00/yr fee, but, they'll get a liablility insurance "included" with their membership. It actually comes out to about the same as before. The logic behind this regulation for the "non" resident, is so we don't end up paying "2" liability insurances, which is why we are reimbursed the $40.00 "after" prooving we have liability with our own insurance company out of province. The reason they decided to do things this way from now on is because there were too many atv'ers who had no insurance at all on their quads. To me it's a bit of a rip off, and a lot of red tape for nothing but ......... that's our government !!! :oops: For those of us who have a season pass till October 2004, nothing will change until that date so don't worry about it for now. Just keep on riding and enjoy the summer trails :D
Né pour rouler......forcé a travailler. Kit de suspension PERFEX et c'est une merveille TraxterXT 02~GPS Etrex. Micro de gorge FireFox
grizzQC

Message par grizzQC »

That is correct hummer but in quebec you get refunded to so it is not a rule for out of province people.You have to show your insurance and then theymail you back $40 dollars.NO they do not!First they keep $10 dollars administrative fee and then send you back $30.This applies to everyone.THATS OUR GOUVERNMENT
english/anglais
CanadianHummer

Message par CanadianHummer »

Thanks for clarifing, I was forgetting about the $10.00 adm. fee they deducted from the $40.00..
Né pour rouler......forcé a travailler. Kit de suspension PERFEX et c'est une merveille TraxterXT 02~GPS Etrex. Micro de gorge FireFox
Kerosen

Message par Kerosen »

I read that the 40$ will be refund to a not canadian resident :!: :!:
Kerosen
Répondre

Revenir à « Main forum (english only) »