RIding for 2011

Main forum for discussions about ATVs. (Member Only)
Répondre
joel19795
VTT : 800 Outlander

RIding for 2011

Message par joel19795 »

Greetings,

We are looking to try and ride this winter. Our club is the North Country ATV Association. We are located in the area of St Albans, VT.

We are interested in riding within 100 miles from the border. :(drive)

Any information would be appreciated. :(agree)

Joe Larose
Ride Coordinator
NCAA
www.ncaa-inc.com

Joe

Can Am 800 Outlander 2010
griffon 412
VTT : kodiak 450

Re: RIding for 2011

Message par griffon 412 »

Your welcome to ride here in the province of quebec,there's lots of well groom winter trails here

For more info on conditions of the trails and different regions you can go to our provincial

atv federation web site : http://www.fqcq.qc.ca/

griffon 412 :D
xsinx
VTT : Raptor 700R '08

Message par xsinx »

joel19795 a écrit :We are looking to try and ride this winter. Our club is the North Country ATV Association. We are located in the area of St Albans, VT.

We are interested in riding within 100 miles from the border. :(drive)

Any information would be appreciated. :(agree)
Hey Joe!

I think the closest you'll find is Clarenceville/Lacolle and the network there is linked to several other clubs so you will be able to access a lot of trails from there. No point visiting for now though we don't have much snow yet and lots of our trails thread on farmland and it's pretty rough until we get a good layer of snow. You can get there using A89 (which becomes R133 in Quebec) and then take a left on R202. There's a parking right in Clarenceville (take a left when you get to the church, then all the way to the end of that road).

In order to ride legally you will need a daily (20ish$), weekly (no idea$) or season pass (160$) for our trails (you can get those from most convenience stores or gas outlets close to the trails). I don't know how it works with out-of-country residents but I suppose you should contact a club (any will do, the pass is provincial). I don't know if you have to do anything special with registration but I suppose as long as you have papers for your machine you'll be fine, but I guess it would be safer to check with autorities (maybe check with the provincial police, or the SAAQ which handles vehicle registrations).

You'll need a left hand side mirror, stock exhaust, working speedometer and working lights to be legal too. Most 4x4's have that stock, but if you have racers coming over it's good to know.

The president of the Lacolle club is an anglophone, you should just give him a call and I'm sure he'll be able to shed some light on most of this.

The club's phone number is 450-454-2415 if the info I have is still up to date. The president's name is Peter.
xSINx - "Une pipe c'est bien, mais deux c'est mieux!"
joel19795

Message par joel19795 »

Thanks for the info. We have ridden different times in Canada: Blainville, Les Cedres, Hemingford, Cowansville and St Michel. Our biggest issue is finding the areas and conditions. I can look at a map all day but it does't tell me legal and courteous parking areas, which areas might be closed and places that would like us to come and spend our money with them. Our group loves to ride but we want to do things the right way for our hosts. That is why we post here to try to get that information. Thanks again
Joe

xsinx

Message par xsinx »

joel19795 a écrit :Thanks for the info. We have ridden different times in Canada: Blainville, Les Cedres, Hemingford, Cowansville and St Michel. Our biggest issue is finding the areas and conditions. I can look at a map all day but it does't tell me legal and courteous parking areas, which areas might be closed and places that would like us to come and spend our money with them. Our group loves to ride but we want to do things the right way for our hosts. That is why we post here to try to get that information. Thanks again
Take a look at the following map:
http://www.gpspleinair.com/pleinair/carte_fqcq_gpa.html

There are color codes indicating when the dozer last passed... Chances are if it's not grey, it's an open trail because they usually don't groom trails that are closed off (right now though many open trails are grey because we simply didn't get significant snow in like a month). In general most trails are open during the winter, especially those down south. As far as I know pretty much everything is opened south of the St-Laurence right now except the bit that goes from Cowansville to Granby which is cut off in the middle (last I heard anyway).

As for parking areas that's a little more complicated.. We usually consult with the local club to find out when we don't know, but finding out which club owns what part of the trail network can be a bit confusing to an outsider I guess. The site here is a good place to start, most clubs have representatives following the forum so they should be able to help. Tell 'em where you are starting, where you want to go and they'll fill you in.

As for finding hospitable places, I guess most businesses near the trails are used to getting riders and they're usually pretty happy to get our business. You seem concerned like you've had bad experiences in the past? I think your best bet would really to make an itinerary based on the map I provided above and others here will be able to tell you what club(s) you'll be crossing and then you can call them up for specific information for parking, food, gas, lodging, etc. They'll also be able to tell you about any specific issues with your itinerary like blocked off trails, dangerous sections, bypasses and such.

You can also ask for a GPS track you can download into your GPS. This will help with deficient signalization which shows up every now and then. Jackrabbit on the forum here is our expert mapper, I'm sure he'd be willing to help with that and if not, several others have what it takes to make you a downloadable track.
xsinx

Message par xsinx »

I mixed up club names/info in my post sorry. The club for Lacolle/Clarenceville is "Club Quad les Patriotes" and their president is Peter Muller. The phone number for the club is 450-930-0606.

Sorry for the confusion!
joel19795

Message par joel19795 »

I see the trails appear to be open and passable now. Any ideas on the route from possibly Saint Valentine, to Le Petit-Mexique, west towrds Napierville, then north to Club de Golf St Jean and then back to St Vaentin. Any ideas of where to get passes, food/gas and how long that track would be? Also, does Peter Muller speak english? We had issues this past spring with the track between Cowansville and Granby and would not like to have that happen again.
Joe

Répondre

Revenir à « Main forum (english only) »